These shrimp tacos were surprisingly delicious!!
Even the three year old ate them right up! We aren’t ready to test the waters with our 1 year old yet when it comes to shrimp. So he enjoyed a tacos salad with ground beef instead.
Here’s how you can make your very own!
- 1 bag frozen shrimp w/ no breading (we prefer the popcorn shrimp size)
- 1/2 cup diced green / red / yellow pepper (each)
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 head of lettuce
- Taco sized low carb low calorie tortilla wrap (click here to find the kind we used tonight)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce (low sodium)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw shrimp in cold water, drain and set aside. Combine all marinade ingredients and stir well. Add thawed shrimp and mix, refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
- Add teaspoon of olive oil to skillet, preheat under medium heat.
- Drain off excess marinade from shrimp
- Combine shrimp, chopped peppers and onions to skillet. Cook until peppers and onions are tender
- Dice tomatoes
- Cut / shred lettuce
- Warm tortillas in a different skillet or we did 20 seconds in the microwave
- Add any other additional toppings you prefer!
We also added sweet corn we had frozen from my parents farm and our left over mango salsa from the other night. Click here for the link to the recipe. Enjoy!